Ilhan was endorsed by Our Revolution Twin Cities, which confirmed through a candidate questionnaire that she would work to:
- Pass legislation that protects Minnesota’s pollinators.
- Break up agribusiness.
- Support organic and sustainable agriculture and horticultural practices.
- Eliminate factory farming of livestock.
- Support small-scale farming.
- Increase funding for urban farming.
- Promote good energy and natural resource conservation practices.
- Require composting to be a component of all public and commercial waste disposal.
Since winning her primary, Ilhan has told reporters that she wants to get on the House Agriculture Committee. Representing an urban district, she sees the committee as an opportunity to promote food security for poor communities.
Want more candidates like Ilhan? Through its candidate survey, Our Revolution Minnesota has identified dozens of candidates for local, state and federal office who support “More sustainable, organic agricultural practices, including local food production, farm-to-table projects, farmer’s markets, and the Minnesota Corporate Farm Law that limits corporate domination.”